Get Started Vouchers For Disadvantaged Children
Round 9 OPENS Wednesday, 25 January 2017
Get Started Vouchers is one of three funding programs that comprise the Queensland Government’s Get in the Game initiative to support sport and active recreation at the grassroots level.
Get Started Vouchers assists children and young people who can least afford, or may otherwise benefit from joining a sport or recreation club. Eligible children and young people can apply for a voucher of $150.00 to help pay the cost of membership and/or participation fees with a registered Get Started club. https://www.vision6.com.
Eligible children and young people are between the age of 5 and 17 (inclusive) who hold a valid Health Care Card/Pensioner Concession Card with the child’s name on it, or are identified by a registered referral agent.
Round 9 Dates:
* Voucher applications open on Wednesday, 25 January 2017.
* Voucher applications close on Wednesday, 29 March 2017, or earlier if all available vouchers are allocated.
* Vouchers expire (must be presented to a Get Started club) by Friday, 12 May 2017.
* Voucher redemptions close (Club must redeem) by Friday, 26 May 2017.
Recent changes to Get Started:
Referral agents who hold the following positions: Police Officer, School Principal, Youth Justice Case Worker, Government Officer who holds an Identified position and regularly engages with Indigenous clients, health promotion worker/officer employed by a Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council (QAIHC) member organisation or Primary Health Networks, multicultural services officer. For more information on referral agents view Refer a child for a Get Started Voucher https://www.vision6.
PLEASE NOTE: Referral Agents now need to be registered.
Eligible referral agents must:
* have known the child/young person in their professional capacity for a minimum of three months
* not be directly related to the child/young person
* not be referring a child/young person to a club where the referral agent is involved as a member or employee
* be able to justify the reasons why the child/young person has been referred
* have found a Get Started Vouchers registered club (or know the parent/carer/guardian has found a club) where the voucher can be used.
When referring a child/young person to the department please consider the following:
1. Vouchers are aimed at those who, without this financial assistance, would not be able to join a sport or active recreation club.
2. Once provided with a voucher, the child/young person will need access to a club and transport to and from training and/or competitions. Please do not refer children if you do not believe a voucher can be used.
3. Please ensure that the child/young person can afford any ‘gap’ in membership/participation fees if the costs are greater than $150.
To register as a referral agent, please complete the form here https://www.vision6.com.
* Review the Get Started Vouchers fact sheet for parents (PDF, 395KB) https://www.vision6.
* Review the Get Started Vouchers fact sheet for clubs (PDF, 407KB) https://www.vision6.
* Review the Get Started Vouchers fact sheet for referral agents (PDF, 383KB) https://www.vision6.
* Find a Get Started registered club https://www.vision6.com.
The distribution of Get Started Vouchers is managed using an online system called QGrants https://www.vision6.
* How to create a QGrants https://www.vision6.
* QGrants technical information https://www.
* Common technical issues and solutions https://www.vision6.