Feedback Needed On Maryborough–Hervey Bay Road and Urraween Road Intersection Upgrade
Construction of a $12.5 million project to upgrade the Maryborough–Hervey Bay Road and Urraween Road intersection, on the fringe of Hervey Bay, is scheduled to start in the first half of next year.
The project will improve safety and operational efficiency and support future growth in the Fraser Coast. Construction of the project is expected to take about 12 months to complete, weather permitting.
• Traffic signals for improved safety and efficiency.
• Dedicated left- and right-turn lanes from Urraween Road west and Urraween Road east.
• Installation of concrete medians to separate vehicles travelling in opposite directions.
• Signalised pedestrian crossings for safer, controlled movements through the intersection.
• Additional through lanes on Maryborough–Hervey Bay Road at the intersection for improved efficiency.
We want your feedback
We encourage you to provide feedback on the proposed layout which you can see by clicking here. Your feedback will play an important role in developing the final design and ensuring the upgrade meets safety requirements and the community’s needs.
It would be appreciated if you could provide any feedback using the contact details provided by 3 June 2016. You can view the full details by clicking here.
Free call: 1300 728 390
Post: Department of Transport and Main Roads
Wide Bay/Burnett District
Locked Bag 486
Bundaberg Qld 4670